MG-SOFT Corporation Customer Support
How to submit a support request or to report a problem
Before reporting the problem make sure that you are using the latest version of the software as available from MG-SOFT's download page. Report the problem only in case when you can reproduce it by using the latest available version of the software.
In order to receive a prompt and accurate response from the support team, provide the following information when reporting a problem:
- For which software title are you reporting the problem?
- Are you using the licensed or evaluation version of the
software? If licensed, attach the SERIAL.TXT file that you
received with the license.key file when you licensed the
- If the application has the "Help|Support" option in the
main menu, send us the complete output of that function.
Otherwise, let us know exactly which version of the software are you using? Please report both, the version displayed in the software's About window as well as the version obtained by right-clicking the EXE or DLL file in the Windows Explorer and by selecting the Properties item from the pop-up menu. In the File Properties dialog select the Version tab and let us know the version listed there.
If you use Linux, Mac OS X or Solaris operating system, please report the version displayed in the software's About window and the name of the software distribution package from which you installed the software.
- Which MS Windows operating system are you using
(Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8)?
Which service pack do you have installed on that operating
If you use Linux operating system, please let us know exactly Which Linux distribution are you using (RedHat, Fedora, SUSE, Mandrake/Mandriva, Ubuntu, Debian, Slackware,...), what is the exact version of the installed Linux distribution and what is the exact version of the kernel used by that Linunx distribution? Have you possibly rebuilt the kernel by yourself?
If you use Mac OS X or Solaris, let us know exactly which version of Mac OS X are you using or exactly which Solaris distribution are you using (SPARC or Intel, what is the exact OS version including the 'update' number) and what is the version of the kernel used by the installed operating system?
- Did you install the software as Administrator?
Do you have administrative privileges when running the software?
If you use Linux, Mac OS X or Solaris operating system, do you have the root privileges? Did you install the software as root?
- Do you have any other SNMP or network management software
installed on that computer? Or any other kind of software
that may interfere with MG-SOFT's software. If yes, which?
- Can you reproduce the problem on any other computer?
What is the operating system running on the other computer?
- Describe the exact step-by-step procedure to reproduce
- When reporting problems related to MIB Compiler (i.e.,
when you are unable to compile a MIB file), zip the MIB file
and all MIBs that are imported by the MIB, and e-mail the zip
file along with your support application.
- Do you have a firewall running on your PC or on your network that is blocking certain TCP and UDP ports, which could prevent normal operation of MG-SOFT's software products?